Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cookies and tempe

Today I had a mood to make cookies, I grabbed one of my recipe books and unfortunately all the recipes are using unusual measurement for Indonesia (cups, etc) of course you could see from the internet to convert in kg or ml and etc.

But if you don’t have time to look at the internet, don’t be afraid, just take 1 cup (for coffee or tea) and use that cup as your measurement tool as per recipe. But you have to use your feeling about half of cup or one third of cup.
And you will get almost exactly like in receipe.

I made an easy cookies, it’s 2 cup of flour, ½ cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of cooking oil, pinch of salt, almond, 3 spoon of white wine and 2 spoon of Pernod (you can change to other liquor). Mix all the ingredients into dough for cookies, roll about 1 cm and shape as you wish.
Place on bake tray covered by butter or margarine and put some almond on top the cookies then bake it for about 20 minutes.



For dinner, tonight I made very simple dishes, sliced chicken, fresh mushroom, spinach, spring onion, tomato, garlic, onion, oyster sauce, salt and sugar and I stir fry them (you could see from my previous post how to make stir fry).

Also, I have tempe (thanks to Donny, a friend in Kabul who gave me tempe forced by me) and fried it, before soak tempe with mix of garlic, salt, white pepper and water.




















Kabul, 29 May 2010

2 comments:

Mbak Sri said...

when will u be a host for us again??? :)

Unknown said...

Come to Kabul then... :-D