Monday, June 14, 2010

World Cup 2010 fever


Maybe you will find it odd to read this article about football among my recipes.
Well…. FIFA World Cup 2010 fever is in the air, whether you like it or not all tv on the world will show the games and people would like to stay awake until morning just to see their favorite team plays.

Even the status of my friends on Facebook, mostly about World Cup but still there are some putting their status being annoyed by World Cup because they don’t like football at all.
Somehow funny to see my friend’s status or comment, a lot of pro and contra but that make whatever event on this world more colorful.

In this World Cup 2010, I almost watch all the games and I keep the points of each country on the table.

First I would like to apologize because I am not the expert of football, this is just from my point of view.

At the beginning, football is not my favorite game to be watched but it is getting interesting more and more especially the players technique are different for each country and interesting to see. It happened on World Cup 2006, after a few months I arrived in Banda Aceh and my office there invited all NGO workers to watch the final of European Championship 2008 together. From my point of view, World Cup and European Championship are the most fair and original football game compare with other football game, like League Championship in Europe or South America because all the player are the native of each country. In League Championship, one club could buy one player from another country. I don’t judge this as a mistake or wrong, I just see that in World Cup all players more showing their nationalism for their own country, but anyhow in League Championship the diversity of players make the game more interesting to be watched.

When I am writing this, it’s the 3rd day of World Cup 2010 even I don’t watch all the games or only partly, I think German team is the best team so far, their technique and team work is very good and very punctual to each player it proofed by beating Australia by 4 – 0. And South Africa seems a good host.

But there are still a lot of games until we find out which country will hold the trophy of World Cup 2010 on 10th June 2010. Like Italy which was the champion for World Cup 2006.

OK… for those who are the fanatic fans of football, enjoy watching each game and hope your favorite country will do the best.
And for those who don’t like football, just keep low and don’t get annoyed, let them talk about football and you can talk about something else that interest you. It is only for every 4 years.

Something else that happens is the habit when you watch game on tv, normally there are some snacks to accompany you beside your friends, maybe I could suggest to make your own snacks, like french fries, pop corn, spicy nuts or some sandwiches. It’s easy and much cheaper then to buy them and of course more fun to prepare, especially you prepare the snacks together with your friends.

Happy watching the games and always enjoy cooking.

Kabul, 14 June 2010

No comments: